Associate Brand Manager, 3-In-One and Household Products
- Category: Marketing
- Country: United States
- Location: Remote or San Diego
We are seeking an experienced Associate Brand Manager to join the WD-40 Company 3-In-One and Household Products brand team. Partnering with the Brand Manager, this person will be responsible for implementing and coordinating annual and rolling 12-18-month marketing plans and programs for assigned brands/products across the US. This person will manage the execution of advertising, promotions, marketing collateral, market research, and packaging initiatives and projects. In addition, this person will be responsible for sound recommendations on marketing strategy to the Brand Manager and supporting the development and maintenance of the annual 5-year strategic plans.
If you are a motivated self-starter eager to continue learning, have a passion for project management, and think analytically and creatively, please consider joining our dynamic tribe.
This role offers the flexibility of working fully remote or on a hybrid schedule.
What You’ll Be Doing
Partnering with the Brand Manager and collaborating with cross-functional teams to support the development and maintenance of our 3-In-One and Household brands.
Brand Stewardship (Build Brand Equity)
- Manages the development, implementation and communication of appropriate annual and rolling 12- to 18-month brand plans, programs, and promotions. Demonstrates an understanding of consumer needs and wants.
- Collaborates with agency partners and Brand Manager to develop communication and creative briefs required to execute annual Brand plans. Responsible for securing final approval of concepts and deliverables.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of communication plans for key brand campaigns and initiatives.
Strategic Effectiveness & NPD (identify brand and business strategies)
- Responsible for partnering with the Innovation team on new product development to deliver the brand's financial goals and strategic plans. This includes serving as the brand lead for the transition from concept to commercialization, developing of P&Ls that satisfy company financial goals, and conducting post-launch analyses.
- Manages the development, communication, and implementation of new and existing SKUs (promotional, innovation, and renovation SKUs) that meet the strategic vision, goals, and plans for assigned brand(s). Responsible for initiating opportunities with Customer Marketing that align with brand plans, brand strategies, and business objectives.
- Uses shopper and channel insights, along with brand strategic growth drivers to identify products, packs, and pricing to achieve customer/retailer support (advertising and in-store merchandising)
- Supports Brand Manager in the development and maintenance of the 7-year strategic plan for assigned brand(s). This includes supporting the Brand Manager in the development and delivery of presentations to leadership.
Reporting, Budgeting, and Pricing
- Responsible for ensuring regular tracking, updating, and reporting of brand investments/budget, providing analysis of and projection for brand investments. Accountable for analyzing assigned brand(s) P&L, making recommendations to Brand Manager for any changes to topline projections, and revisions to A&P investment options to achieve/exceed stated contribution goals.
- Collects and summarizes manufacturer and retailer sales data from sources such as NPD, Vista, and COGNOS to highlight the effectiveness of various marketing promotions across assigned brands, as well as market trends and competitive activity.
- Serves as the Brand lead in preparing current fiscal year forecasting assumptions (quarterly and annually) that support brand plans. Responsible for ongoing volume forecasting for assigned brand(s). Regularly engages with Customer Marketing and Demand Planning to develop contingencies to bridge any gaps in attainment of Plan.
- Through competitive analysis, assessment of product differentiation, and gross margin targets contribute to the development of pricing strategy. This includes recommending gross sales price targets for customers considering distribution and retail margin requirements.
- Defines, monitors, controls, and assesses the appropriate success/performance metrics for brand plans and key initiatives to achieve required EBITDA and sales goals.
- Regularly leads the Measure/Learn/React (MLR) process across the more complex and critical brand initiatives, making recommendations for future investment of cross-functional time, talent, and treasure.
- Responsible for the analysis of market trends, syndicated data, point of sale data & competitive activity to project business demands, assess program performance and inform planning to achieve brand goals.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in consumer package goods marketing
- Contribute to marketing plan development, collateral development, and tactical execution (P&L proficiency, special pack project management, forecasting, etc.)
- Experience implementing and analyzing data from a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet sales and EBITDA goals within budget and established timelines
- Develop and execute promotional concepts providing strategic direction, creative briefings, and appropriate levels of critical feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred, MBA a plus.
- Ability to travel 15%-30%
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories