- Category: R&D
- Country: United States
- Location: Pine Brook - hybrid
We are seeking an experienced scientist to join our small team of R&D champions behind one of the world's most identifiable brands, WD-40® Multi-Use Product. If you are passionate about chemistry and product commercialization this hands on roles provides the opportunity to make an impact. Essential to the role, is your ability to communicate in ways to inspire and align multiple stakeholders under a common vision in a collegial corporate culture.
This office-based position, located in Pine Brook, New Jersey, is responsible supporting the scientific efforts behind the brand strategies of the Americas business unit. Reporting to the Sr. R&D Manager, this position conducts research to initiate, execute, and/or support product development and renovation of current brands, supporting internal business partners with technical product information. The successful candidate will be and an active member of the R&D team, traveling as needed to business meetings, trial productions, and field locations where scientific support and technical product education is needed to advance our sales efforts. Coordinating the support of in-house testing and product development in a laboratory environment, operating equipment and performing experiments is also required to achieve goals.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Be Doing
- Development, efficacy and stability testing, commercial development of products for commerce
- Attendance at trial productions
- Providing support all internal groups such as sales, marketing, customer purchasing representatives, communicating technical product information
- Performs literature searches, supplier searches and composes reports on the current state of science or technology for assigned topics
- Composes testing and research protocols in accordance with established R&D guidelines for products either in development or commercialized and requiring technical support; coordinates with outside laboratory facilities if required
- Creates required documentation for product support activities and populates the necessary databases with such items as bills of material, testing procedures, manufacturing specifications, product performance criteria, etc.
- Maintains files of project histories, outcomes and current status utilizing internal databases and both electronic and hard-copy files; notifies senior R&D staff when necessary to ensure that missing information is obtained and included in project files
- Operates in-house laboratory equipment and performs experiments as directed by senior R&D staff, ensuring proper laboratory notes are maintained and all intellectual property protection methods are employed
- Functionally guides technicians as required, in support of assigned tasks
- Contributes ideas towards improving R&D methods, adding to the scientific knowledge of the team and solving moderately complex scientific problems
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- BS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, MS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering desired
- 2+ years of industrial experience in petrochemicals (oils, solvents, metal working additives, raw materials and/or intermediate products) and R&D development, laboratory efficacy and stability testing, quality and/or production
- Directly involved in aerosol technology, aerosol product design, quality, production or management is a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience interacting and collaborating with, various business functions, i.e., sales, marketing, supply chain, innovation, and quality
- Technical sales experience a plus
- Ability to travel up to 15% in the Americas (US, Canada and Latin America)
- Current passport, ideal
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Ready? Set? … Apply Now!
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search.