ASSOCIATE BRAND MANAGER
- Category: Marketing
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego
Snapshot of What We’re Looking For
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Brand Manager to join the highly functioning WD-40 Company Brand team. In partnership with the Brand Manager, this person will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of annual and rolling 12-18-month marketing plans and programs for assigned brands/products across the U.S. This person will manage the execution of advertising, promotions, marketing collateral, market research, and packaging initiatives and projects. In addition, this person will be responsible for sound recommendations on marketing strategy to the Brand Manager as well as supporting in the development and maintenance of the 12-month and 5-year strategic plans for assigned brand(s). If you have strong project management skills and the ability to think both analytically and creatively, please consider joining our innovative tribe.
What You’ll Be Doing
Brand Stewardship (Build Brand Equity)
- Manages the development, implementation and communication of appropriate annual and rolling 12-18-month brand plans, programs, and promotions. Demonstrates an understanding of consumer needs and wants.
- Collaborates with agency partners and Brand Manager in the development of communication and creative briefs required to execute annual Brand plans. Responsible for securing final approval of concepts and deliverables.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of communication plans for key brand campaigns and initiatives.
Strategic Effectiveness & NPD (identify brand and business strategies)
- Responsible for partnering with Innovation team on new product development with the objective of delivering brand’s financial goals and strategic plans. This includes serving as the brand lead for the transition from concept to commercialization, development of P&Ls that satisfy company financial goals and conducting post-launch analyses.
- Manages the development, communication and implementation of new and existing SKUs (promotional, innovation, and renovation SKUs) that meet the strategic vision, goals and plans for assigned brand(s). Responsible for initiating opportunities with Customer Marketing that align with brand plans, brand strategies, and business objectives.
- Uses shopper and channel insights, along with brand strategic growth drivers to identify products, packs and pricing to achieve customer/retailer support (advertising and in-store merchandising)
Reporting, Budgeting and Pricing
- Responsible for ensuring regular tracking, updating, and reporting of brand investments/budget, provides analysis of and projection for brand investments. Responsible for analyzing assigned brand(s) P&L, making recommendations to Brand Manager for any changes to topline projections and revisions to A&P investment options to achieve/exceed stated contribution goals.
- Collects and summarizes manufacturer and retailer sales data from sources such as NPD, Vista, and COGNOS to highlight the effectiveness of various marketing promotions across assigned brands, as well as market trends and competitive activity.
- Serves as Brand lead in the preparation of current fiscal year forecasting assumptions (quarterly and annually) that support brand plans. Responsible for ongoing volume forecasting for assigned brand(s). Regularly engages with Customer Marketing and Demand Planning to develop contingencies to bridge any gaps in attainment of Plan.
- Through competitive analysis, assessment of product differentiation, and with company gross margin targets, contributes to the development of pricing strategy. This includes recommending gross sales price targets for customers with consideration of distribution and retail margin requirements.
- Defines, monitors, controls and assesses the appropriate success/performance metrics for brand plans and key initiatives to achieve required EBITDA and sales goals.
- Regularly leads the Measure/Learn/React (MLR) process across the more complex and critical brand initiatives, able to make recommendations for future investment of cross-functional time, talent, and treasure.
- Responsible for the analysis of market trends, syndicated data, point of sale data & competitive activity in order to project business demands, assess program performance and inform planning to achieve brand goals.
Collaboration & Leadership
Demonstrate servant leadership in the attainment of corporate, department and personal goals in harmony with the Company’s stated Values, Code of Conduct. Be the example of leadership and living the values that others can emulate.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in consumer package goods marketing
- Contribution in the development of marketing plans, collateral development, and tactical execution (P&L proficiency, special pack project management, forecasting, etc.)
- Experience implementing and analyzing data from a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet sales and EBITDA goals within budget and established timelines
- Development and execution of promotional concepts, providing strategic direction, creative briefings, and appropriate levels of critical feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred, MBA a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30%
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!
At WD-40 Company we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.