Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego
Our Strategic Sourcing Manager is primarily responsible for supporting and executing the WD-40 Company Strategic Sourcing Process through all phases of category strategy development, contract award, and supplier relationship management as it relates to $90M of direct spend for the Americas Trading Bloc. This successful candidate will identify key cost drivers for all spend categories and ultimately achieve cost savings and supply chain efficiencies through executing initiatives to support the Americas gross profit margin and EBITA goals. Develop category strategies and processes that ensure component, raw material, and contract packager finished goods costs are competitive against the market, contract deliverables are met, risk is minimized, and the supply base meets the needs of the business.
This position is based at our global headquarters in San Diego and reports to our Director of Sourcing.
What You'll Be Doing
- Prepare annual Spend Analysis to identify key cost elements and changes to strategic importance of each. Develop and make recommendation to the Sourcing Director on opportunities/risk to supply base and categories.
- Understand and monitor current category market conditions/price trends through primary and secondary research (develop technologies, capabilities, product knowledge, and thorough understanding of supply/demand challenges.
- Develop detailed reports and present/socialize market outlook and financial impact to WD40 Americas on a quarterly basis.
- Identify category strategic importance and develop strategies across all raw material, component and contract manufacturing under the guidance of Sourcing Director. Present strategy updates to Senior Leadership on a quarterly basis to ensure alignment with business must-win battles and overall corporate goals.
- Provides strategic direction, leadership and planning for functional risk management to include design, recommendation, implementation, documentation and maintenance of risk management program that considers business continuity risk, financial statement risk, and other significant risks. Report findings as needed.
- Develop, identify alternative sources of supply, and oversee execution of sourcing exercises (RFI, RFP, RFQ) for all direct spend categories based on each defined strategy under the direction of the Sourcing Director
- Guide the selection and contract award to meet required quality, service and cost metrics
- Support Sourcing Director in negotiations and responsible for cross functional collaboration/buy-in to execute contract awards with suppliers in order to maximize benefits for the WD40 Americas trading bloc.
- Develop and implement supplier scorecards in order to assess capabilities, identify implement continuous improvement initiatives, and ensure suppliers are meeting business needs and objectives
- Lead cost management strategies including; negotiation for best costs; NPV analyses; security of supply; continuous improvement; and technology advancements.
- Monitor and review direct spend supplier performance (cost, quality and service) on a quarterly basis. Prepare and report periodic business reviews to Sourcing Director.
- Implement WD40’s Americas Supply Chain initiatives to meet desired business goals/objectives as well as other initiatives to reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), risks, services and regulatory compliance.
- Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with suppliers, key stakeholders, and all internal WD40 constituents in the development of new product, promotional materials and packaging development.
INTERNAL CONROLS AND PROCESSES
- Manage cost models for components and contract packagers, including templates and procedures for direct sourcing.
- Manage cost estimates and material support used in determining SKU profitability on new SKU initiatives.
- Analyze and prepare annual budget assumptions for all COGS (5020 & 5070) G/L assigned accounts and report to FP&A.
- Analyze and prepare quarterly forecast assumptions for all COGS (5020 & 5070) G/L assigned accounts and report to FP&A.
Demonstrate servant leadership in the attainment of corporate, department and personal goals through developing and leading a highly effective team. Live the Company’s stated Values and Code of Conduct that others can emulate. Provide ongoing coaching/training, experiential learning, and talent development plans to optimize performance outcomes, growth, and engagement. Identify and provide necessary resources and information to overcome barriers to success and accomplish goals.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- 10+ years’ experience in sourcing to include category strategy development work, RFI/RFP/RFQ process, negotiation, contract execution and communication of deliverables.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills with an emphasis on coordinating conflicting demands and priorities.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Experience with direct spend categories and contract manufacturing a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, MBA or other relevant field.
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our "why" is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching, and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products, and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our "why" this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of January 2020 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We've Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, 401K match, short day Fridays; and much more!
Do You Align with Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Please visit us online to complete an application, wd40company.com/about/careers/
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!
WD-40 Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.