- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hyrbid
We are seeking an organized and detail-oriented Sourcing Analyst to support sourcing initiatives for the Americas. The person in this role will be responsible for research, analysis, modeling of raw materials/components/finished goods, and Quality Management System (QMS) support for both new product initiatives and existing SKUs to achieve COGS targets, EBITDA, and strategic goals.
If you are a curious sourcing analyst that enjoys using their skills to impact better operating decisions that can help increase revenues, and operate more effectively, please consider joining our tribe!
This position is based at our global headquarters in San Diego and reports to our Director of Sourcing.
What You’ll Be Doing
SOURCING: Participation in Strategic Sourcing Process (3 phases):
- Performs market research/provides market intelligence (key player financial health, cost/demand/supply drivers, price forecasting)
- Independently researches, collects data, and creates customary cost models (cost models/TCO models). Analyzes and presents recommendation to support sourcing manager in the development of category strategies.
- Presents insights, summaries, and recommendations to Senior leaders in support of Sourcing leadership
- Research and identify alternate sources of supply.
- Responsible for sourcing new products or services to achieve the team’s goals and objectives related to cost, quality and service.
- Review capabilities of potential new sources of supply within predefined criteria in partnership with the Sourcing Manager.
- Initiates and solicits requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotation (RFQs), and requests for proposals (RFPs) for sourcing of materials and services related to COGS.
- Provides detailed analysis of submitted quotes coupled with recommendations to Sourcing Manager and Sourcing Director. Provides similar support to the America’s Innovation Development Group (AIDG) as needed.
- Assists team in detailed financial analysis of supplier quotations, financial reports
- Actively participates in negotiations by presenting data to suppliers to ensure fair and reasonable pricing.
- Develops and provides cost estimates and material support to determine SKU profitability on new SKU initiatives.
- Works directly with the marketing team to provide guidance on promotional decisions and cost implications
- Provides analysis on price change justification and validation prior to cost approvals.
- Identifies strategic cost reduction activities to impact corporate EBITDA goals positively.
- Develops and manages cost models for products and contract packagers, including templates and procedures for indirect sourcing.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date pricing files for component and services.
- Performs detailed financial analysis of supplier quotations, financial reports, and other data to determine the reasonableness of prices and/or price changes.
- Ability to negotiate an equitable outcome for WD-40 Company. Assists Supply Chain (Materials/Operations) team in resolving performance issues and fulfilling obligations to ensure they are providing and improving the agreed upon value to support organizational objectives and EBITDA.
- Works cross-functionally with Marketing, QA, R&D, AIDG, Operations, Materials, Sales, and Finance Support to support in the development of new product, promotional materials and packaging development
- Ability to perform key dispute resolution promptly to minimize any/all impact to WD-40 Company Business
- Establish strong professional and interpersonal relations with key stakeholders at all levels within WD-40 Company and external partners.
INTERNAL CONTROLS AND PROCESSES
- Responsible for the creation and routing of POs for CAPEX projects and secondary packaging equipment needs
- Prepare documentation for updated supplier price lists/ packager cost models and provide documents to necessary internal departments for loading into the ERP system
- Maintain (in collaboration with FP&A) reporting tool for latest estimated category cost driver impact to P&L
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 4+ years sourcing experience. Sourcing to include RFI/RFP/RFQ process of raw materials/components, negotiation, execution, and communication of deliverables. Experience with direct spend category management is a plus.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills, with an emphasis on coordinating conflicting demands and priorities.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including advanced-level Excel skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, MBA or other relevant field a plus.
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories