National Account Manager
- Category: Sales
- Country: Australia
- Location: Epping, Sydney, Australia
We are seeking a passionate individual ready to step up to a National Account Manager role, to champion our brands (WD-40, WD-40 Specialist, WD-40 Bike, no vac, Solvol & 3-IN-ONE) to our valued customers. This role will manage national accounts across a variety of channels including industrial, automotive, mass value and hardware to grow our brands and maximise revenue.
As an essential contributor to the Australian WD-40 Tribe, we can offer an excellent work/life balance, flexibility to work from home, a competitive remuneration program and developmental opportunities within a supportive, fun and relaxed team environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Achieve and exceed sales budgets for assigned National Accounts.
- Determine customer needs and apply product knowledge to create and deliver solution and category orientated sales presentations.
- Design and execute medium and long term joint business plans for accounts.
- Lead the development of sales/promotion/category management plans.
- Responsible for allocated national account customers as the main contact accountable for using company resources to maximize sales, distribution and profit.
- Review customer results through data analysis to define adequate actions in relation to the customer and company’s strategy.
- Lead sales and contract negotiations with assigned national accounts for sales terms and pricing to drive sales/EBITDA results. Monitor the application of agreed terms.
- Identification and conversion of new business, new distribution and incremental opportunities.
- Manage annual trade investment plan for all brands in collaboration with marketing to achieve brand ROI and corporate EBITDA goals.
- Support below the line activities such as; marketing campaigns, trade shows, sampling programs, training, display programs, key activities.
- Accountable for accurate and timely account plans, sales forecasting and reporting.
- Accountable for effective cost/margin management and maintenance of budgets.
- Monitor and actively support customers websites in harmony with marketplace strategy.
- Integrates retail category strategy and digital marketing/ecommerce programs in concert with customers and internal marketing partners.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 5+ years managing accounts (industrial/automotive/hardware preferred).
- Multichannel and national experience ideal.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch sales/growth targets.
- Experience successfully selling new products and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with P&L development and management with a strong commercial acumen.
- Higher school certificate, Bachelor Degree in business or relevant field (desirable).
- Current and valid driver’s license is required.
Domestic travel up to 20% ±
What We Can Offer You!
- Friendly, fun team environment.
- Excellent work/life balance.
- Employee Engagement score above 96%.
- 3pm finish on Fridays.
- Flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week.
- Competitive remuneration, clear bonus structure and additional Superannuation.
- Learning and development based culture.
- All inclusive company conferences and events.
- Office location in Epping, Sydney.
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953.
- Plus more!
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation of WD-40 remains a secret, however it is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.