Key Account Manager, E-Commerce & Marketplaces
- Category: Sales
- Country: United States
- Location: Remote
What You’ll Be Doing
What You’ll Be Doing
The key account manager is responsible for identifying, onboarding, and managing e-commerce & marketplace accounts with broad direction. The Key Account Manager will independently and collaboratively develop 12- to 18-month key account sales and marketing plans within the E-Commerce & Marketplace channel to achieve and exceed sales, EBITDA, and brand equity growth within assigned key accounts. Essential functions include:
- Responsible for managing assigned Key Accounts & E-Commerce and marketplace sellers. Proactively leads the development of sales/promotion/category management plans and programs on a quarterly & annual basis to maximize sales and profit growth.
- Develop e-commerce account plans and channel strategies aligned with corporate objectives, strategies, and initiatives. Provide accurate sales guidance to appropriate stakeholders. Develops account-specific programs in concert with Sales Director, Strategic Account Manager, and third-party agents, ensuring they deliver on projects, contribution targets, and incremental EBITDA.
- Manages, communicates, and build relationships with existing and new accounts to drive the business forward, including selling catalog, selling excess/obsolete or other inventory, and pitching them on new products. All while minimizing channel disruption.
- Engages with all vertical levels within the customer including interaction with Senior Management, ecommerce, product management, merchandising, supply/scorecard, AP, AR, and executive level.
- Leads sales, order, and contract negotiations with assigned key accounts to drive sales/EBITDA results regarding terms of business, selling prices, promotional support, and any approved special initiatives/projects.
- Collaborates with internal/external shareholders to develop special packs, promotion, and program development opportunities in the e-commerce trade channel and identify incremental sales opportunities and profit.
- Collaborates with external shareholders to develop special packs, promotion, and program development opportunities in the e-commerce trade channels and identify incremental sales opportunities and profit.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (Strategic Acct Mgr.) to optimize product assortment on their respective .COM’s, minimize channel disruption, and build opportunities on those marketplaces.
- Collaborates with Distributor sales managers to understand 3P sellers source of product, determine strategy & vision for the seller(s), educates and advises distributors sales managers on a go-forward plan.
- Manages and executes administrative functions for assigned accounts, including vendor buying agreements and general administration to enhance overall EBITDA results.
- Utilizes syndicated data and sales/promotional history to maximize sales at assigned customers. Ensures that market intelligence is received and analyzed to maximize sales opportunities and identify competitive threats.
- Establishes /monitors goals and objectives consistent with meeting company sales, profit, and distribution goals.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 3+ years leading e-commerce sales management
- 5+ years of sales & marketing experience
- Demonstrated history of promotion and increasing responsibility culminating in key account(s)
- Basic knowledge of digital 6Ps
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch sales/growth targets (omnichannel)
- Experience successfully selling new products or line extensions
- Successful strategic planning and tactical execution across multiple trade channels
- Experience with P&L ownership
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect sales capacity.
- Current and valid driver’s license required – company car provided
- MBA preferred
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products, and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays, and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!
At WD-40 Company, we foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals are recognized, valued, respected, and experience a sense of belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to individual characteristics that make us unique such as our backgrounds, experiences, qualities, talents, traits, beliefs, and preferences.