Vice President, Supply Chain
- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - hybrid
Are you excited by the idea of establishing an inspired vision, providing a clear path to achieve it, and demonstrating the interpersonal skills to build a team to make it happen? Do you enjoy leading a supply chain team through challenges with sound coaching and data analytics? Do you understand and revel in the intricate mechanics of a well-oiled (pun intended) supply chain? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to lead the Americas supply chain team.
In this role, you will utilize your strong leadership skills and passion for storytelling through the power of data.
What You’ll Be Doing
This position is responsible for the leadership, vision, strategy, goals, and operating results of the Americas supply chain team. It will have direct responsibility for sourcing, production, distribution, logistics, and service supporting American sales worth approximately $250M annually.
- Formulates short and long-term vision, strategies, plans, and initiatives for the Americas team to achieve objectives. Communicate the above internally and externally to all necessary people and organizations. A key contributor to the construction of global mission, vision, and values for the company worldwide. Ensures comprehension and adaption of these ideals across Americas' tribe members. Leads the global Supply Chain teams in developing and refining the global supply chain strategy and resulting plans and initiatives.
- Leads the Americas Supply Chain Team to develop plans, policies, and programs to support Americas required results, including EBITDA, maintenance and growth of brand equities, and development of new trade channels and business opportunities.
- Lead the creation of Supply Chain strategies, methods, supplier relationships, etc., designed to support WD-40 Company E-commerce objectives, resulting in customer/brand growth and optimized operating costs. Responsible for the synthesis and incorporation of these strategies and initiatives into the annual supply chain plan and goals.
- Establishes and maintains Americas systems, procedures, and financial controls related to Supply Chain programs.
- Proactively develops, monitors, and controls key initiatives, appropriate budgets, forecasts, measures of success, etc., to achieve required goals.
- Actively communicates with and constructively works across necessary departments, countries, and trading blocs to achieve required goals.
- Partners with Innovation, Marketing, Sales, Finance, and other teams as appropriate to properly plan and support SKU life-cycle management, line extensions, and new product opportunities to ensure sales and EBITDA growth following objectives and processes.
- Consults with all other functions as necessary to gain information and insight, build successful working relationships, and achieve results aligned with corporate and functional objectives, including EBITDA goals.
- Support corporate acquisition efforts as needed from preliminary analysis through actual acquisition and integration.
- Actively advances WD-40 Company's ESG program leading on Operational aspects of the program.
- Demonstrates servant leadership in attaining corporate, department, and personal goals by developing and leading a highly effective team.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Minimum 15 - 20 years of progressive supply chain management experience with 7 - 10 years successfully leading supply chain teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills along with successful strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Multiple trade channel experience is required with consumer package goods.
- Successful team building and mentoring experience.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in supporting marketing, sales, finance, IT, innovation/new product development processes, and project development.
- Strong data analytical skills; ability to consume and interpret data to make sound business conclusions.
- Experience in e-commerce logistics, manufacturing, or leading outsourced services is a plus
- Bachelor's degree (Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering preferred.) MSEL or MBA preferred
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories