Sales Manager, Northeast
- Category: Sales
- Country: United States
- Location: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Connecticut - Remote
We are seeking a passionate, technically orientated Sales Manager to champion sales of two of the world's most identifiable brands, WD-40® and WD-40 Specialist®. This home-based position, located in the Northeast region, is responsible for implementing company sales and marketing programs within the $2M territory that includes the Tri-state (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania) and an account concentration in the automotive and hardware channels.
A successful candidate understands our customer and end-user needs across all brands and channels to prepare compelling technical and solution-based presentations, negotiate, and ultimately close sales. The Sales Manager is also responsible for partnering with independent brokers/service providers to support sales pull-through activities, education, and program execution. In addition, the Sales Manager will integrate customer retail category management/leadership programs.
So, if you are a driven, successful sales leader who can develop productive relationships across all levels and want to contribute to a growing, world-class brand, please consider joining our tribe!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Actively sells all WD-40 Company brands across multiple trade channels to direct and indirect customers to achieve sales and EBITDA goals in line with Company strategies.
- Actively identifies new business, solicits and closes prospective customers.
- Presents broad technical product knowledge of all WD-40 Company’s product specifications, features, benefits, and applications in a concise, consultative, and convincing manner to provide customers with appropriate solutions
- Makes product solution recommendations as well as provide technical support
- Secures off-shelf and secondary displays, and promotions within existing and new customers.
- Responsible for accurate and timely forecasting
- Proactively develops and contributes to cross-functional sales/promotion/category leadership plans and programs to maximize sales. Develops EBITDA-advantageous account-specific programs in partnership with sales, marketing and third party agents.
- Communicates with third-party representatives to educate and reinforce product knowledge, sales goals, programs, and company values.
- Collaborates, prepares, and presents customer’s requests for proposal.
- Ensures that distribution and department plan-o-grams and catalogs are maintained to obtain measured sales goals.
- Reports on activities and goal attainment to plan, establish, review, and appropriately adjust time and territory management plan to meet goals.
- Supports national customers/programs
- Responsible for selection of and participation in trade shows and integration of promotions/ideas
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of relevant technical consumer packaged goods sales experience, ideally with chemicals across a broad array of channels to include: automotive, industrial, hardware, and farming
- Experience identifying and opening new accounts
- Successfully executed account management, business development, and sales within wholesale automotive, hardware, industrial, and/or miscellaneous channels to achieve desired metrics
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct or indirect sales capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or relevant field. MBA, highly desirable
- Ability to travel domestically up to 45%
- Current and valid driver's license required – company car provided
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories