Technical Sales Engineer
- Category: Sales
- Country: United States
- Location: Remote
Do you flourish in an unknown and ambiguous environment? Do you enjoy using piecing together information to discover new business potential? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our sales team. In this role, you will combine your industrial channel experience and passion for finding solutions to grow distribution opportunities for our biggest brands.
This role offers the flexibility of working fully remote.
What You’ll Be Doing
This home-based position is responsible for identifying, penetrating, and developing new and existing customers and distribution opportunities within the Industrial wholesale channel to grow sales, increase brand and product awareness, in line with the Company’s business strategy and goals.
- Perform facility audits to assess end-user needs and identify WD-40 brand product solutions that can be articulated in a value-proposition and that can enhance facility efficiency and reduce expenses to enhance end-user facility profitability.
- Key contributor, in preparing annual sales goals, strategic action plans, target list of customers/distributors, and annual budgets.
- Conducts primary research and analysis on new business sectors and opportunities and presents to senior sales leadership.
- Contributes to the development of the new business strategic plan; Develops action plan for the execution of new business development strategy.
- Actively seeks out and initiates negotiations with prospective new customers and manages the process to sale completion. Continues to manage new customers until they are turned over to the sales team. Assists with the management of these customers until the new person responsible is ready to assume complete responsibility.
- Partners with Director of Sales, NAM, GSM, Field, and Inside Sales Managers to develop appropriate support including customer-specific and channel-specific programs.
- Providing end-user insights and sharing channel and sector-specific strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Participates in national trade shows to identify and meet prospective new customers. Creates sales leads for follow-up for themselves and sales team members.
- Facilitates new customer sales lead follow-up with sales teams, including involvement in CRM activities.
- Participates in joint sales calls and worksite visits with other Sales team members, IMR partners, and distributor partners to assess end-user/facility needs, share channel/sector insights and opportunities as solutions are identified and opportunities arise.
- Partner with Director of Sales in interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training agency partners, in selected trade channels. Manages Collaborates with agency partners towards sales activities and coordinates joint sales calls on targeted prospective customers with brokers.
- Facilitates and presents product knowledge training sessions with end-users, distributor partners, and new customer salespeople at end-user facilities, customer headquarters/branches, and sales team meetings.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 7 years + experience in a business development sales role
- College degree or previous experience with opening new customers in the industrial, automotive, construction trades.
- Experience with Industrial Channel factory/facility operations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiating skills in a direct sales capacity.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 40% to 50% on periodic overnight and extended stays and work extended hours when necessary.
- Current and valid driver's license is required – company car provided
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories